As a result, the entire confines of Ibrox Stadium were deemed smoke-free since March 26, 2006.
This policy guarantees that all supporters, visitors and employees have the right to work and enjoy conditions free of tobacco smoke. Full details of this policy will be made available in the employee handbook and within Club correspondence. This will be reiterated via signage within the Stadium to inform supporters, visitors and employees of the smoke free status of the building.
Definition: Smoking is defined in this instance as smoking any tobacco products or the use of electronic smoking goods.
Please note - smoking is not permitted by supporters, visitors and employees in the following areas:
- Offices/ work areas
- Reception areas
- Hospitality suites
- Internal concourses
- External stadium seating area
- Food areas (either storage or preparation)
- Rest rooms
- Meeting rooms
Those who do not comply with the smoking policy will be subject to normal disciplinary procedures, liable to a fixed penalty fine and/or criminal prosecution as applicable.
Smoking may be permitted at the following locations:
- Argyle House: Area to the rear of Argyle House Reception, underneath the Govan Stand adjacent to the loading bay
- Broomloan House: Shelter will be provided at the corner of the entrance tower
- Ticket Centre: Area to the side of the building - opposite Ibrox Business Park
- Copland House: Shelter will be provided at the corner of the entrance tower
- Superstore: Shelter provided at the corner of the Copland entrance tower
- Main Stand: Areas at the bottom of the East and West Towers
- Murray Park: The smoking shelter at the fenced area of the car park and nowhere else
A supply of bins will be provided in these locations for disposal of cigarette ash.
Support and advice for smokers who want to stop smoking can be obtained by phoning the Smokeline on 0800 848 484 or by clicking here.